Dodge Gets Tactical in 2016
Dodge Gets Tactical
• 12.1-inch touchscreen display brings law enforcement the latest in new technology with Uconnect.
• The first integration of law enforcement data systems with the Dodge Charger’s award-winning touchscreen Uconnect system.
• Uconnect 12.1 is several times larger than the Charger Pursuit’s 5.0 system.
• The Uconnect, designed for police use, allows the user to efficiently toggle between vehicle controls and police computer systems.
• Police officers can now keep their eyes on the road and off of their poorly placed computers.
• The 12.1 touchscreen does not interfere with space or airbags, as opposed to the other third-party options.
• As tactical equipment, Uconnect 12.1 went through Dodge Charger Pursuit’s optimized field testing and engineering requirements. It’s also backed with a 3-year/36,000-mile warranty.
• 12.1 will be available to order in January of 2016, production starting in March.
Designed for the use of police officers, the Uconnect 12.1 System will feature a plug-and-play solution that will connect an officer’s mobile computer from his trunk. The touchscreen is built to work while wearing gloves and in extreme weather conditions.
The new 12.1 system was co-designed by Fiat Chrysler’s law enforcement vehicle design, engineering, Uconnect experts and its 19-member Police Advisory Board.
New Uconnect 12.1 system features include:
• Siri Eyes Free: Through a voice button on the steering wheel, drivers can speak voice commands to certain actions such as placing phone calls.
• Do Not Disturb: Drivers can turn on this feature in order to route all incoming calls to voicemail and to send a general reply text-message.
• Drag and Drop Menu Bar: In the Dodge Charger Pursuit, one can now drag a wanted feature or icon from the apps menu and add them to the main menu of the Uconnect screen.
In 2016, Dodge is helping the men and women who protect our country to be best-equipped with the top-rated, best-performing and most effective and easy-to-use technology.